Bedale Community Forum meets every 3 months, everyone is welcome to attend the meetings which are held in Bedale Hall.
The Bedale & Villages Community Forum is a community partnership which facilitates the improvement and regeneration of Bedale and its surrounding villages. The objectives of the Forum are:
- To encourage, support, initiate and develop new and existing projects/organisations which contribute to the economic, environmental and social well being of the Bedale and villages area
- To ensure that effective project management takes place.
- To ensure that all work associated with the Forum is carried out to the highest quality standards.
- To update the Community Plan regularly and ensure community projects are recognised within the plan.
- To monitor and evaluate the success of the Community Plan process.
- To provide a ‘Forum’ in which to share information, ideas and good practise in relation to improving and regeneration of the Bedale and villages area.
In the early 21st century North Yorkshire County Council was successful in securing Single Regeneration Budget Funding for the County. The programme was to run for 6 years and provided an opportunity for all communities across the County to develop a ten-year Community Investment Prospectus (CIP) for their area. Community Investment Prospectus Groups were drawn together from the local community to identify local issues and local priorities across areas, such as social, economic, environmental; focussing on issues like tourism, safety, health, housing and transport and developing future plans.
Bedale became a Renaissance Market Town under the Yorkshire Forward RMT programme in 2003 and the 30 year vision was produced in 2004, this built on the work that had already been done by the CIP Steering Group. The Bedale Renaissance Charter identified key priorities for development; the Charter was signed by the local councils and business organisations. Bedale & Villages Community Forum took on the role of delivering on these priorities and has refreshed them over subsequent years.
By working across boundaries and with a multitude of partners, the Forum has accessed considerable funding that would not be available to public sector organisations and it has a flexibility that can respond to ever changing circumstances.
If you would like more information on the Forum, if you would like to become a member or if you would like to apply for funding for your community project, please email email@example.com
Our grant application form is now available to complete online, please follow this link: Grant Application Form
The next Community Forum meeting will be held on Monday 27th February at 7pm, Bedale Hall. Agenda:
2022 Meeting Minutes
Bedale & Villages Community Forum - Meeting Minutes March 2022
Bedale & Villages Community Forum - Meeting Minutes June 2022
Bedale & Villages Community Forum - Meeting Minutes September 2022
Bedale & Villages Community Forum - Meeting Minutes November 2022